KeyStone Research Corporation (KSRC), headquartered in Erie, Pennsylvania, is a woman-owned research and consulting organization incorporated in 1980, By Dr. Joyce A. Miller, a noted sociologist, research professional, and one of Pennsylvania’s leading experts on the positive connection between high-quality early childhood education and workforce development.
KSRC provides expertise to organizations throughout the United States, enabling them to link research, policy, and practice and build their capacity for performance excellence.
The foundation of KSRC is embedded within our Mission, Core Values, helping organizations build capacity as a learning organization, enabling them to continuously improve, innovate, achieve performance excellence, and deliver an exceptional experience to their clients.
KSRC works in partnership with public, private, for-profit, and nonprofit organizations to increase their knowledge, skills, and capacity to develop sustainable quality improvement systems that lead to performance excellence providing custom-designed research, organizational development, and program management services to meet our client’s needs.
Our training and education services have been provided in many of our projects, as these services are generally a critical part of our deliverables. Our clients include government agencies, business and industry, educational institutions, social service organizations, and individuals.
To that end, KSRC provides research, technical assistance, training, and program management to organizations in the service sector, including government, education, health care, and social service agencies. Our approach helps organizations create systems that are operationally streamlined, accountable for results, and sustainable over time. Our services are custom designed to meet the specific needs of our clients.
KSRC researchers and subject-matter experts are proficient in applied social science research, including the design and execution of data collection, analysis, and reporting that is tailored to your organization’s need for data and answers to research questions. We have the expertise to design and conduct needs assessments, client satisfaction surveys, focus groups, community surveys, and policy research.
Our team provides all phases of analytic services and program evaluation, to include:
- Development of research design, such as surveys, experimental and quasi-experimental designs, field studies, content analysis of documents and records, observational designs, and focus groups.
- Specification of sampling procedure, if necessary, ranging from complex stratified random sampling procedures, systematic sampling, convenience sampling, and snowball sampling.
- Identification or development of research instruments, including structured survey instruments with closed- and open-ended questions, focused interview schedules, observational instruments, and rubrics for the analysis of documents and records. This phase identifies existing instruments, as well as develops and pre-tests instruments tailored to a specific research project.
- Collection of data, as specified in the research design, which may include various methods to collect data, such as distribution of survey instruments via mail and electronic Web surveys, face-to-face interviews, phone interviews, focus groups, observation, and document review.
- Coding and data entry, as necessary, using various analysis software for quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Analysis of data, as required by the type of data, which may include quantitative and qualitative data analytic techniques, as well as univariate and multivariate statistical analysis.
KSRC professionals are committed to a set of core values established by Dr. Miller, based on the foundation of what she identified as P.R.I.D.E. in our company, who we are, and what we want to be.
Professionalism is the essence of how we conduct our work and present ourselves, recognizing that our achievements are of utmost important to us. We engage only in activities for which we are highly qualified and can perform with distinction.
Respect for one another enables us to have positive interactions and an understanding of others who may have perspectives and backgrounds that differ from our own. Being honest and fair is an essential part of how we conduct our business and build trusting relationships.
Innovation is the means through which we pursue performance excellence. We combine imagination, initiative, and open communication in a collaborative process to develop new solutions and to establish a robust organizational learning culture.
Dedication is loyalty to our organization and out clients. We commit to making a difference in the lives of those we serve, both within the outside of our organization.
Empowerment is enabling others. both internal and external to our organization, to access their internal strengths, build their capacity to problem solve, and to add value to their organization as a whole, while encouraging and inspiring others to do the same.